NHCSL 2009 Summit Presentation & Resource Materials
Welcome to the web home of the NHCSL 2009 Summit of Hispanic State Legislators. The 2009 summit occurred at the Lowes Santa Monica, November 19-21st, 2009.
Resources and conference materials can be found below.
The reach of NHCSL is extensive and its network includes prominent, high-ranking business leaders, corporate executives, government officials and the nonprofit and philanthropic communities. NHCSL demonstrates its commitment to the issues of healthcare, education, immigration and economic development.
HCSL’s leadership structure consists of six policy task forces:
- Labor & Workforce Development
- Education & Civil Rights
- Business & Economic Development
- International Relations, Trade & Immigration
These task forces are comprised of Hispanic state legislators who help lead a series of efforts, programs and products that help to implement the NHCSL mission:
- Health Disparities
- White House Initiatives
- STEM Scholarship Initiative
- Broadband en Acción
- The Summit convenes state legislators, Hispanic organizations, corporate representatives and high-ranking elected officials and diplomats to dialogue on issues that concern the Hispanic/Latino population.
- The Summit agenda reflects the current state of the Hispanic/Latino community. Participants hear about models of success and trends in the states, learn about unique and innovative ways to improve the quality of life for the constituencies we serve.
- The Summit presenters and speakers range from a high-caliber of national and international representatives with an expertise in the areas of immigration, healthcare, economic development, education and philanthropy.
- The Summit offers NHCSL partners the opportunity to gain maximum exposure and visibility before a unique national audience of state elected officials.